Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CSP Table Mountain Crit aka PseudoMead aka Wheels of Thunder course

Congratulations to Jon Tarkington and Beth Fisk on the birth of Sam Douglas Tarkington yesterday!


So this race blew up rather quickly. I went after the first sprint points and as usual was 6th and took no points. I held in there OK after the sprint but the legs were hurting. Gaps started opening up and eventually I was popped off the back. So much for going after that first sprint. I eventually got into a group and we were doing a good job of rotating. A Primus Mootry 35+ geek was giving us shit for not changing our rotation down the hill for the little bit of time the wind changed (slightly) so we appeased him and started changing. He didn't really want to ride with us if we didn't do what he told us to do. What a dork.

Speaking of dorks, the two Echelon guys in our group chucked their water bottles with 2 or 3 to go and started driving the pace like they thought they would drop us. It was like a lead out for someone but they didn't have anyone else in the our pack. Lee Herndon and I were the only ones sitting on them. WTF. They drove us around to 3 Vitamin Cottage guys who had lapped us then immediately blew up and sat up in front of them. WTF.

It is always weird when people get so geeked to set up sprints for 40th place. Let see. I sucked it up and got dropped but I'll be damned if I am going to ride through the finish with the people I have been sucking it up with for the last half hour.

No comments: