Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CSP Table Mountain Crit aka PseudoMead aka Wheels of Thunder course

Last night was a good night for racing in a pack. The wind never really picked up strong enough to help any breaks stay away. I saw what looked like blocking from a VC guy for a while but that break came back. Colby Pearce, current points leader and former pro, stayed in the pack the whole hour. Since he is a marked man with the leader jersey and no team with him, we would have chased down like a pack rabid dogs and he knew it.

I had a good race...the counter-clockwise direction suits me better than the other way. I will know I am getting faster when I can successfully ride that race the other direction. Got 45 miles of riding in a circle between sitting on the 4s pack and our race. The hip was highly drugged with ibuprofen and didn't seem to bother me as much. I'm an over-the-counter doper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should start taking some of Rosebud's beef-flavored glucosamine/condroitin tablets.

Richard Light said...

mmmm beefy